Friday, February 28, 2014

Update Week 14 (February 12, 2014)

What a week! On Monday, I had another appointment with my midwife and OB/GYN. First of all, the midwife checked for the baby; it took her forever to find the heartbeat, and there I was, getting more and more nervous. With Violet, the midwife was able to find the heartbeat in no time at 12 weeks, and this time, nothing to be found. In the end, the midwife mentioned that she could hear the little one moving around in there, but baby was hiding from the doppler. During the ultrasound, baby didn't want to participate either, which resulted in a pretty good butt picture. After a break, my doctor finally managed to get the measurements she needed for the First Trimester Screening, and all looks good. Hubby and the girls were able to come for the u/s as well, and the girls loved to see their new sibling on the screen.

This week's stats:

How far along? 14 weeks


Total weight gain: About 8 lbs. Ugh..


Maternity clothes? None.


Stretch marks? None.


Sleep: Pretty normal right now.


Best moment this week: There were so many. Feeling the first little flutters, seeing our little one on the u/s, and finding out that the results of the screening were very, very good!


Miss anything? Smoked salmon.


Movement: Yes, yes, yes!! Finally I was able to feel the first little flutters...


Food cravings:Smoked salmon..


Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing. Since the first trimester is over, I don't expect any major queasiness any more..


Gender: Unfortunately, no clue yet. But we'll find out in another 8 weeks or so..


Labor signs: None.


Symptoms: My bras fit very, very snug right now..


Belly button in or out? in.


Wedding rings on or off? on.


Happy or moody most of the time: Just tired, honestly. I'm looking forward to the week off I'm going to have next week!

Looking forward to:  Being off work for a week. I will still have to get up early most week because the girls need to go to kindergarten, but I'll be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment